Ayurvedic Treatment – Infertility
The inability of a person to naturally reproduce or contribute to conception is called infertility. Its occurrence is equally common in men as well as women. Women’s inability to carry a healthy full term pregnancy is one of the reproductive problems related to infertility.
Infertility in women may persist due to structural problems that pre-exist. These may be related to blocked fallopian tubes, ovulation problems due to hormonal imbalance, defects in cervical canal, uterine fibroids or polyps. Male infertility is associated with anatomical, psychological and hormonal causes. In some cases, actual cause of infertility may not be determined using the currently available methods.
- Failure to conceive
- Abnormal or no periods
- Change in sex drive
- Skin changes
- Hair loss weight gain
- In men – swelling in private parts, ejaculation problems
According to Ayurveda, a healthy pregnancy depends upon health of parents. The essential factors include sperm, uterus health and time of conception. The body’s shukra dhatu can get affected by physical and psychological factors causing conception issues.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
- Increase your intake of dairy products including milk, buttermilk and fresh cheese.
- Eat soaked almonds and soaked walnuts.
- Eat juicy fruits such as mangoes, peaches, plums and pears.
- Women should add spices like ajwain, cumin, turmeric and black cumin to the food.
- Prepare banana dessert using ghee, cinnamon and cardamom and eat.
- Avoid high-fat foods
- Avoid caffeine, white bread, pasta, meat, smoking and alcohol.
- Stress can affect women’s fertility and should be avoided.
- Maintain a healthy body mass index.