Ayurvedic Treatment of Abnormal heart Rhythms (Arrhythmia)
What is Abnormal heart Rhythms disease?
Our heart work exactly like a rhythmic instrument and when this rhythm doesn’t work property, it starts affecting the life. The condition is known as the Cardiac Arrhythmia and also called as the Abnormal heart Rhythms disease. Our heart is complex system of valves, nodes and chambers that control how and when the blood is pumped. If the functions of our body system are disturbed, damaged or compromised, it can cause disruptions in your heart beats. This is when the Abnormal Heart Rhythms disease can occur. Arrhythmias can cause no symptoms, or you may feel discomfort, fluttering, pain, or pounding in your chest. it can result into lots of problems, so it is important to see a doctor for irregular heartbeat to rule out any dangerous conditions.
Abnormal heart Rhythms disease in Ayurveda
It falls under the category of HRIDROGA. Basically energies can be classified into three categories – vata, pitta and kapha. They can help us maintain the good health. If there is an imbalance of any of these energies, it can cause the further complications. When there is an imbalance in all of these, it can result into the Abnormal heart Rhythms disease. Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Shankhapushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis), Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Pipal tvak ( Ficus religiosa), Dalchini (Cinnamon tamala), Choti Elaichi (Elettaria cardamomum) are various herbal items present in Ayurveda that can help us cure this disease. Since it is in Ayurveda, so it may take time to show the results, but it is definitely possible to cure this disease.
Types of Abnormal Heart Rhythm
- Tachycardia – This is when the heart beat is too fast. Normally heart beats 60-100 times per minutes. Whereas in tachycardia, it does more than 100 times in a minute.
- Atrial fibrillation – Atrial fibrillation is the most common form of this disease. In this case heart beat gets increased up to 100- 200 beats per minute.
- Bradycardia – In this case the heart beat slow than expected. It will beat less than 60 times a minute.
- Ventricular fibrillation – It is the type of irregular rhythm which can stop the beating of heart and may results in the cardiac arrest. So, we would recommend you to consult your doctor as soon as possible.
Symptoms of Arrhythmia include:
- Fast or slow heart beat
- Skipping beats
- Light-headedness, dizziness
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Pale color of skin
Causes of this disease
- A history of heart attack
- High blood pressure
- Electrolyte imbalance
Ayurveda treatment for Abnormal Heart Rhythm
Boolchand Ayurveda offers best ayurvedic treatment of this disease through ayurvedic medicines. Please book an consultation with us.