It is kind of discomfort or pain that you feel in your chest along the front of your body between your neck and upper abdomen. Chest pain is any kind of discomfort or pain that you feel in your chest, i.e. anywhere along the front of your body between your neck and upper abdomen. All the chest pains are not related to the heart attack and not equally dangerous. But, some of them could be life-threatening and needs immediate attention. The term angina is used to describe discomfort or chest pain when the muscle cells of the heart don’t get enough blood to properly carry out their pumping function. Ayurveda recommends avoiding foods and lifestyle habits that imbalanced doshas and qualities may need to be brought back into balance before this condition can be healed.
Depending on its cause, chest pain may be:
- A tight, squeezing, or crushing sensation
Chest Pain Causes:
- Coronary Artery Disease, or CAD – A blockage in the heart blood vessels that reduces blood flow and oxygen to the heart muscle itself.
- Myocardial infarction – This reduction in blood flow through heart blood vessels causes the death of heart muscle cells.
- Myocarditis – In addition to chest pain, this heart muscle inflammation may cause fever, fatigue, fast heart beat, and trouble breathing.
Symptoms of chest pain
- Pressure, fullness, burning or tightness in your chest
- Crushing or searing pain that radiates to your back, neck, jaw, shoulders, and one or both arms
- Pain that lasts more than a few minutes
- Shortness of breath
- Cold sweats
Ayurvedic treatment for chest pain
If you have new or unexplained chest pain or suspect you’re having a heart attack, call us and book an appointment today. Boolchand Ayurveda offers guaranteed treatment for any type of chest pain.