Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or CFS makes the patients feel exhausted with excessive fatigue. The disease has no known cause and is tricky to be diagnosed but the symptoms can be treated. Short-term memory loss or lack of concentration and muscle pain are the other minor symptoms.
The exact cause of the occurrence of CFS is yet to be discovered though this may pertain to psychological and biological factors. Other causes may be stress and viral infection. It can also be related with changes in the functioning of nervous system.
- Feeling exhausted most of the time
- Sleeping issues
- Lack of concentration
- Headache, joint pain and muscle pain
Ayurveda states aggravated vata dosha as the cause of the disease. The Ayurvedic treatment for CFS includes balancing vata dosha with the help of rasayana herbs to control the symptoms and rejuvenate body tissues. Mind relaxation and strengthening the nervous system are the other significant parts of the whole process.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
- Include milk, pure ghee and milk products in food.
- Fresh fruits like banana and melons and dry fruits like dates and walnuts help balance the aggravated vata.
- Yoga, Pranayama and meditation also help overcome fatigue
- Soak fenugreek seeds in water overnight and boil it to reduce it to half. Filter and consume it warm twice a day.
- Mix amla powder and ashwaganda powder in equal amounts and take one teaspoon twice daily.