Hair Loss and Premature Graying
Excessive hair fall and premature graying of hair is a result of stress, anxiety and insufficient nutrition. Restoration of hair, a process in which old strands are replaced by the new ones, is a normal process; though when the amount of hair loss is excessive, it indicates poor nutrition and more care required. Also graying is common after a certain age but early graying indicates that care is required.
Hair issues pertain to excessive intake of spicy, fried, sour, salty and fermented foods, tea and coffee. This causes imbalance in the Pitta Dosha accumulating Pitta under the scalp skin causing hair issues. Other factors that can be held responsible are anger, stress, excessive consumption of alcohol and meat.
- More than normal loss of hair
- Graying or fading of hair before old age
Hair loss or Khalitya as in Ayurveda and graying of hair is a result of excessive Pitta in the body. By controlling the pitta dosha using proper diet, healthy lifestyle and herbs, hair issues can be treated. Ayurvedic processes like Aromatherapy, meditation, breathing exercises, yoga and oil massage play a vital role in the hair loss and graying treatment.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
- Pitta-enhancing foods like spicy, heavy, and oily foods, tea and coffee should be taken in minimal quantities.
- Avoid junk food, refined foods, refined sugar and carbonated drinks.
- Eat fresh fruits, green leafy vegetables and juices.
- Stay away from using chemical products and hair treatments. Rather, opt for herbal oils and shampoos.
- Mix powdered amla and sesame seeds in equal amounts and consume with water twice daily.