Influenza, a worse form of flu or common cold, is a respiratory illness caused by a virus. It can spread very easily through air or by touching things that the infected person has touched and become an epidemic.
The prime cause of influenza is a virus that spreads in the body by coughing, sneezing or even talking of an infected person around a healthy person. These viruses may also travel from surfaces and even from the air we breathe.
- Headache and body ache
- Running nose
- Sore throat
Influenza is caused due to imbalance in Kapha and Vata Doshas. Excess of Kapha causes symptoms like runny nose and sneezing while excess Vata causes reduction in the digestive fire of the body. Treating Influenza through Ayurveda is a process including soothing the aggravated body energies, expelling excess mucus and strengthening digestion to boost body’s immunity.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
- Panchakarma therapies including Ayurvedic massage techniques are extremely helpful in treating influenza.
- Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water each day; it helps in flushing off the accumulated ama (toxins).
- Take a healthy and balanced diet including whole grains, vegetables and vitamin-rich fruits.
- Exercising should be done on regular basis for regular blood circulation.
- Mix cardamom, black pepper and dry ginger powders in 2:2:1 quantity, add honey and consume 2-3 times daily.
- Chew 3-5 fresh neem leaves daily to encourage blood purification.