Irritable Bowel Syndrome(IBS)
Ischaemic heart disease is a condition that results due to altered supply of blood to heart. Due to deposition of cholesterol on the blood vessel walls, the blood supply is reduced causing lesser oxygen and nutrients supplied to the heart muscles. This might result into a heart attack.
Atherosclerosis or thickening of artery walls is the main cause of IHD. Other causes include syphilitic aortitis, coronary embolism or congenital anomalies of coronary artery. Health issues like high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes increase the risk of IHD. Diet with high cholesterol, fat and sucrose; hypertension and smoking may also result into the coronary artery disease.
- Angina pectoris
- Chest pain
- Acute myocardial infarction
- Congestive heart failure
- Sudden death
Ayurveda associates Ischaemic heart diseases to improper diet and stress leading to the production of toxins causing vitiated rasa dhatu. These toxins reach the heart and create obstruction in channels. Ayurvedic treatment for Ischaemic heart diseases includes cleaning of heart channels and restoring digestion to avoid further blockage. Toning herbs and recommended diet work to strengthen the heart and mind.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
- Avoid fatty diet, inactive lifestyle, smoking, consuming alcohol and excessive weight gain.
- Take low calorie diet.
- Practice Yoga, pranayam, meditation and stress relieving exercises.
- Mix turmeric, cumin, coriander, fennel, fenugreek, ginger and black pepper in powdered form and use the mixture in food while cooking.
- Add half tablespoon of Trikatu powder to honey and consume daily.