Leucorrhoea relates to a condition with excessive discharge of a white, sticky, foul-smelling material from the vagina. Though, normal flow is important, excessive flow indicates abnormality.
Leucorrhoea may occur lack of hygiene, infection in genital tract or immune function disorder. Improper diet containing heavy, oily, cold, sweet and dense foods, excessive milk, butter, yogurt and cheese, overindulgence in sexual activity and recurrent abortions may also cause leucorrhoea.
- Whitish yellow vaginal discharge
- Pain in lumbar region
- Vaginal itching
- Black circles under the eyes
Leucorrhoea or Shveta Pradar is caused due to aggravation of Kapha Dosha according to Ayurveda. This increased Kapha can weaken the Rasa Dhatu (nutrient plasma) present in the vaginal tract which further causes the discharge. Restoration of digestive fire of the body and cleansing the accumulated toxins using rejuvenating herbs is the Ayurvedic method of treatment for this disorder.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
- Avoid heavy, oily, spicy foods.
- Reduce the consumption of tea, coffee, alcohol, aerated drinks and non-vegetarian foods.
- Chewing betel nuts after meals is very helpful.
- Intake of water, soup, milk and juice should be increased.
- Maintain proper hygiene.
- Add fenugreek seeds to water and boil it for half an hour and use it for vaginal wash.
- Take powdered asparagus root with honey twice a day.
- Soak coriander seeds in water overnight and drink it in the morning.