Lung Cancer Treatment in Ayurveda
Believed to be a fatal and incurable disease, cancer is caused due to uncontrollable growth of tissues that affect the surrounding tissues and organs. If toxins keep accumulating in the body over a period of time, they result into fatal growth in the surrounding cells. The collection of cells produces swelling at the site. These toxins, if not removed from the body in due course of time are circulated to other parts of the body through the blood stream spreading the disease to other organs.
Unlike the normal cells that grow, divide and die out, the cancerous cells follow this life cycle and keep reproducing themselves. Common causes for cancer include:
- Smoking, cigar smoking and tobacco.
- Consuming alcohol
- Genetic bias.
- Damages in the DNA affecting the genes involved in cell division.
- Carcinogens inhalation such as tobacco, asbestos and car exhaust fumes.
- Lack of physical activity and wrong lifestyle
- Excessive exposure to ultraviolet light and radiations like X-rays, gamma rays, cellular phones and towers.
- Indigestion problems or trouble swallowing.
- Unusual bleeding
- Excessive weight loss
- Skin changes
Ayurvedic Treatment for Lung Cancer
Treatment of cancer by Ayurveda does not only focus on the symptoms but treats as per the type of the disease. The body is cleansed of the toxins from the inside using herbs and a detoxifying diet. This promotes blood circulation, elimination of toxins and encourages healing in the tissues. Boosting immunity and relaxation of the mind are two important parts of the holistic treatment. In addition, meditation, counseling, yoga and pranayama are included in the healing process. Panchkarma is very effective for restoring the health and rejuvenating the body. Also for the post-surgery care, Ayurvedic medicines can be included to minimize the side effects of chemotherapy.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
- Diet rich in natural cancer-fighting components is highly recommended.
- Easily digestible food should be consumed to avoid toxin accumulation.
- Cut on your sugar intake.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol.
- Include fruits, vegetables and whole grains in your diet.
- Avoid food from animal sources.