Failure to carry a healthy foetus more than 20th week is called miscarriage. In some women, miscarriages may occur frequently due to some internal dysfunction. Though, this can be avoided by using precautions. A healthy delivery is a function of apan vayu according to Ayurveda.
Medical science holds various physical and mental factors responsible for miscarriage. Physical factors such as malnutrition in mother, infections, abnormalities related to uterus, os dysfunction, hormonal imbalance, exposure to toxins or radiations and thyroid may cause issues during pregnancy. Psychological reasons responsible for miscarriages can be trauma and stress.
- Heavy vaginal bleeding
- Abdominal pains with cramps
According to Ayurveda, the main reason for miscarriage is deficient sperm or ovum. Another cause may be poor digestion causing creation of weak sperm or ovum and improper growth of the child. Ayurvedic treatments are aimed at re-establishing proper digestion in gastro-intestinal tract and at a cellular level. Herbs work for toning and strengthening the reproductive system and calm the mind.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
- Panchkarma treatments are useful for healthy conception.
- Ayurveda offers uttar bast (uterine enema) cleaning for mothers to clean the uterus before conception to avoid miscarriage.
- Avoid spicy, stale foods, mental stresses, travelling and excessive physical activities during pregnancy.
- Take nutritious and fresh food.
- Stay away from environments exposed to pollutants, poisons and toxins.
- Meditation and music help in calming the mind.
- Consume mild and nutritious foods.
- Stay protected from pollutants, exertion and stress.
- Listen to tranquilizing music.
- Practice meditation.