Multiple sclerosis is a neurological disease that affects the brain and spinal cord. The effects are different on different people suffering from MS. The fact of the disease being autoimmune is still arguable. In this disease, the immune system attacks the fatty material that protects the nerve fiber creating scar tissue.
The causes behind this issue are not yet confirmed, though a few factors under scanner are heredity, viral infection, smoking, alcoholism and stress. Symptoms
- Trouble in walking
- Speech issues
- Swallowing difficulty
- Pain in nerves
- Poor bladder control
- Diarrohea or constipation
- Recurrent facial palsy
In Ayurveda, MS is considered an energy disorder caused due to improper digestion. This produces toxins and blockage in the body channels obstructing movements and thus causing neuro-muscular disorders. Ayurvedic treatment involves removal of toxins and restoration of digestive fire with herbal formulas and following proper diet and lifestyle.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
- Stay away from addictions, bad lifestyle, wrong eating habits, mental stress and direct contact with hazardous chemicals.
- Follow a vegetarian diet.
- Maintain proper meal timings and sleep patterns
- Exercise regularly
- Practice Yogasan, Pranayam and meditation to improve the health of nervous system.