After the age of 65 to 70, many people suffer from senile deafness that may increases with age and turn into complete deafness.
When senile deafness occurs at old age, it may be due to the age itself. In other cases, exposure to loud noise and changes in the nervous system also make people prone to it.
- Difficulty in hearing or complete hearing loss
Deafness or Karnabadhirya in Ayurveda results due to enhanced vata dosha that blocks the sound carrying channels. In some cases, imbalanced kapha may also be the reason. Rasayana, a branch of Ayurveda dedicated to detoxifying the system and assisting regeneration of new cells and tissues offers rasayanic therapies that help avoid these old age symptoms.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
- Apply lukewarm sesame, mustard and almond oil in ears regularly.
- Bhramari pranayam helps improve and maintain the functioning of sense organs.
- Consuming almonds, walnuts, etc. can help control vata.
- Avoid staying in a noisy environment.